Working for Disney and particularly at a Disney Theme Park seems like a dream come true. And for most part, it is!
However, like every other job in this world, it is first and foremost – a job!
Therefore it comes with a variety of rules and regulations attached to it.
Here’s 14 of the super-secret ones that we’re sure you didn’t know about!
1. Costumes are the same for specific characters, so actors must be a certain size and height.
2. When asked about other Movies or Non-Disney things, cast members will act like they have no idea what you’re talking about
3. Disney employees are not allowed to point using one finger. They point with either two fingers or their whole hand.
4. No unconventional colors, shapes, or visible logos on eyewear.
5. Next time you’re at a Disneyland, take a look around. The place is spotless. Every employee including the princesses pick up any trash they see.
6. No big surprise here, but visible tattoos are not allowed.
7. You’ll never see a last name at Disneyland. Walt Disney insisted that people call him by his first name. The tradition is still carried on today.
8. Because characters have specific looks, cast members have restrictions on hair style, color, and facial hair.
9. Cast members use code words to keep everything clean. A vomiting incident is known as a “code V.”
10. All employees must refer to other employees as cast members at all times.
11. You will never hear an employee say the phrase, “I don’t know.” They will find another employee or phone someone to ask.
12. To ensure all characters’ signatures look alike, every cast member must complete signature training.
13. Women’s nails cannot be longer than a quarter inch past the fingertip and cannot be painted.
14. Cast members are not allowed to disclose anything about their jobs on social media.
All Images Sourced From IG
Fascinating, isn’t it?
But the plus side to these rules is the flawless experience for the visitors.
Share with us some of your favorite memories about the Disney cast members that you’ve interacted with in the comments below!