Netflix knows what you’ve been watching these past 12 months… and how you watched your favorite show.
It has compiled the most streamed shows of 2017, which it then broke down into four distinct albeit nebulously defined categories:
1. The Shows We Devoured (“shows so good they made us say ‘just one more'”)
2. The Shows We Savored (“shows so good we took our time to enjoy them”)
3. The Shows That Got Us Cheating (“shows so good we watched ahead of our significant others”) and
4. The Shows That Brought Us Together (“shows so good they’re a family affair”).
Turns out, a lot of people voraciously binged on American Vandal, the beloved mockumentary series about a high school student accused of spray-painting dicks onto 27 cars (a satirical nod to Netflix’s true-crime hit Making a Murderer).
How Netflix quantified this all is beyond us, but we see what they’re getting at. Here, the most streamed shows of 2017:
The Shows We Devoured in 2017
Suburra: Blood on Rome
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
13 Reasons Why
Marvel’s Iron Fist
Anne With an E
The Shows We Savored in 2017
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Friends from College
Dear White People
The Shows That Got Us Cheating in 2017
Orange is the New Black
Marvel’s The Defenders
Grace & Frankie
The Shows That Brought Us Together in 2017
One Day at a Time
Netflix also released some helpful statistics to let us all know just how bad our streaming addictions are.
- January 1 was the biggest streaming day of the year.
- Mexico had the most members watching Netflix every single day.
- 140 million hours were watched per day (1 billion hours per week).
- The average member streamed 60 movies this year.
- One member watched Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 365 days in a row.
- A user in Antartica binged on Shameless.
Did Netflix at least check in on that person who streamed Pirates of the Caribbean every day… or ask that one how he or she got good WiFi in Antartica?
Let us know what you watched this year on Netflix in the comments below!